Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Just Say...


Ok, my alarm went off at 5am again today (funny how it will do that when that's the time you've set it to go off!) and I didn't make it out of bed until 6. This is harder than I thought! Anyway, I started my study at 6:30 and it was great! My church (Harpeth Community Church) is currently reading the enitre New Testament this year and today's reading was in Matthew 8.

I've read the story of the Centurion many times, and thankfully, I'm blown away every time I read it. I think I have faith and then I read this story and I'm like, "Dang, do I have faith like this?" This guy obviously had heard about Jesus and the things that he'd done, but unlike many others who had a "I have to see it to believe it" attitude, he says to Jesus, "Just say the word." Crazy. Just say the word. If you've never read this story or if it's been a while, check it out (Matthew 8:5-13).

God, please increase my faith. I want to believe like the Centurion. Amen.

No comments: